US President Donald Trump intensified his warning to Iran on Sunday, urging Tehran to quickly reach peace and abandon its nuclear weapons ambitions amid growing regional tensions.
“For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.
“TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!”
The warning came as Trump weighs the possibility of restarting military action against Iran, according to an earlier report by Fox News Digital. The president also held a phone call Sunday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
[Israel Launches Fresh Airstrikes In South Lebanon After Ceasefire Extension With Hezbollah]
Netanyahu addressed the situation earlier in the day, saying Israel remains closely focused on developments involving Iran.
“Our eyes are also open regarding Iran,” Netanyahu said Sunday morning, according to a Hebrew translation. “I will speak today, as I do every few days, with our friend President Trump.”
“I will certainly hear impressions from his trip to China, and perhaps other matters as well. There are certainly many possibilities, and we are prepared for every scenario.”
Trump And Netanyahu Discuss Iran Amid Military Strike Concerns
Trump remained at the White House on Sunday with no public appearances listed on his schedule. His call with Netanyahu took place as regional intelligence assessments suggested military strikes on Iran could resume.
According to Fox News, the concerns stem from Trump’s frustration over Iran’s handling of negotiations, the ongoing closure of the Strait of Hormuz, and Tehran’s refusal to abandon its nuclear ambitions.
“The prevailing assessment inside Iran is that President Trump may resort to restarting military action, and Tehran is now deliberately pursuing a strategy of ‘deception and delay’ with the hopes that buying time will complicate any potential return to war,” two regional intelligence officials told Fox News.
Iran Faces Growing Pressure As Fuel Crisis Signs Emerge
Intelligence officials reportedly believe Iran’s leadership is attempting to delay developments for at least two weeks in hopes that restarting a military campaign would become more difficult for the United States politically and operationally.
The officials also said Iranian authorities are factoring in upcoming global events, including the World Cup and America’s 250th anniversary celebrations, as potential strategic advantages.
Meanwhile, a senior Israeli official told Fox News that the impact of the U.S.-led blockade is becoming increasingly noticeable inside Iran.
Early signs of a fuel crisis reportedly appeared over the weekend, including long lines at gas stations, fuel shortages, and mounting public frustration over distribution problems.
“It’s getting exponentially worse,” the official said.
This article was originally published by SurgeZirc, a sister company of The Times Post.


